Sunday, April 27, 2008

The RIMS Apprentice: Student Welcome Reception

Today, I arrived in San Diego around 11:30 a.m. The weather is AMAZING! We got some lunch and then headed over to the Student Welcome Reception. Once there, we mingled with other students and met people from all over the country, and even Canada. Al Gorski, the chief risk officer for the Orange County Transportation Authority, introduced himself to me, and pointed out everyone in the room whom I should talk to. He also gave me some important advice that I will keep in mind throughout the trip:

1) Talk to as many people as you can.

2) Get business cards from everyone.

3) Enjoy the entire experience of RIMS.

I exchanged cards and numbers with a bunch of students, and we made plans to meet up throughout the next few days. After the Reception, the Temple University students and I went out to dinner with our faculty advisor.

Tomorrow morning, we are going to register for sessions around noon. I will post my schedule then! At night, we have the Opening Reception and the AIG Dessert Party.

No comments: